Get your electro-funky hats ready for FKJ’s show on September 15 @ Central World Bangkok.
If the name “French Kiwi Juice aka. FKJ” is something that draws your interest, read up on the 10 things you’ll probably find interesting about this multi-talented artist.
1) FKJ was heavily influenced by Jazz
Monty Alexander, a well-known jazz pianist during the 1960’s became a major influence in the style of FKJ’s sound before he got into electronic music.
2) “I Loves You Porgy” by Nina Simone is one of his favorite tracks ever
3) Fascinated with the mixture of jazz, funk, soul, blues and gospel
Had the idea of blending electronic elements to his music because of the limitations he had with his basic recording devices.
4) Labeled as “The Future of French Touch”
Found this to be funny because he was influenced by jazz – but still feels flattered regardless.
5) FKJ loves to perform live with his instruments
Performing live with looping devices allow him to put on a new show every time.
6) He experimented with different instruments since 7yrs old
Guitar was the first instrument he learnt. Saxophone came in second with 3 years given to this instrument and finally, settled down with the piano as his primary instrument in writing music.
7) FKJ occasionally gets damn funky in his jam sessions
8) Here’s another funky session by FKJ
9) “Tell me the truth” and “Bad habit” paved way for FKJ into the house community
These two tracks from his EP album “The Twins” placed FKJ in the spotlight of house music during its introduction to the music space.
10) Did you say improvise? Here’s FKJ live in action!
What are you waiting for? Grab them tickets and get bobbing to the beats of FKJ on September 15.